Contents: Mission Statements – Online Leadership Committee – Forms of Distance Education – Training Requirements – Principles of Learning through DE – DE Course Expectations – Proctoring in DE – Accessibility in DE Courses – DE Course Revision Process – Intellectual Property Rights for DE
The Pellissippi State Distance Learning Handbook is designed to provide additional information about the Pellissippi State Community College policies, procedures, and best practices for distance learning. This handbook is organized as an online document, so as to furnish information in a navigable format that can easily allow for supplementation and revision as policies and procedures develop and change.
The goals of this handbook are to:
- Articulate the mission and goals for distance learning, especially as they pertain to the College’s Institutional Master Plan.
- Provide technical and pedagogical support and resources for faculty teaching online, video conferenced and hybrid courses.
- Furnish information about training and mentoring for all distance course delivery methods.
- Inform faculty about the mandatory policies and procedures that relate to distance learning courses.
- Define best practices in distance education and how those should be incorporated into course design and delivery.
- Offer comprehensive resources for ongoing faculty development.
- Mission Statements
- Online Leadership Committee
- Definition and Forms of Distance Education at Pellissippi State
- Faculty Training Requirements
- Principles of Learning through Distance Education
- Distance Education Course Expectations
- Proctoring in Distance Education Courses
- Accessibility in Distance Education Courses
- The Reflection/Redevelopment Process for Distance Education Courses
- Intellectual Property Rights for Distance Education
Dr. Paul Ramp, Director
Pellissippi State Community College is an AA/EEO employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, ethnic or national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, disability, age, status as a covered veteran, or genetic information in its programs and activities.
View the Non-Discrimination Policy/Website Accessibility.
For questions or concerns, please contact Annazette Houston, Executive Director of Equity and Compliance.