Contents: Mission Statements – Online Leadership Committee – Forms of Distance Education – Training Requirements – Principles of Learning through DE – DE Course Expectations – Proctoring in DE – Accessibility in DE Courses – DE Course Revision Process – Intellectual Property Rights for DE
Pellissippi State Community College provides a transformative environment fostering the academic, social, economic, and cultural enrichment of the individual and the community. We are committed to success in workforce training and certificate and degree programs. (Link to full mission statement)
Distance Education Mission Statement:
The mission of Distance Education at Pellissippi State Community College is to maximize access to academic and cultural enrichment opportunities for individuals and the community.
The Office of Distance Education strives to:
- Enhance the teaching and learning process through the use of educational technologies.
- Support and train faculty, staff, and students in the use of distance education technologies.
- Assist faculty in the development and delivery of high-quality distance education courses.
- Identify and develop community outreach initiatives that can be addressed through a distance education presence.
- Develop and maintain partnerships with other educational institutions and organizations.
Dr. Paul Ramp, Director
Pellissippi State Community College is an AA/EEO employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, ethnic or national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, disability, age, status as a covered veteran, or genetic information in its programs and activities.
View the Non-Discrimination Policy/Website Accessibility.
For questions or concerns, please contact Annazette Houston, Executive Director of Equity and Compliance.