Pellissippi State’s Division Street Campus is where the College’s history began. The College opened in 1974 as State Technical Institute at Knoxville, at what is now our Division Street Campus. The campus, located near downtown Knoxville, has been continuously operating as part of the College for more than 40 years.The Division Street Campus serves approximately 800-1000 students per semester from high school graduates to non-traditional students with an international ethnic mix. Campus faculty and staff have maintained an interest in providing monetary support for student academic endeavors since 2005. In November of 2005, faculty and staff from the Division Street Campus and the College Foundation proposed a scholarship fund, identified some preliminary criteria for choosing student recipients, and some funds were raised. The intent of the scholarship is to assist students who have significant unmet need in paying for their education.
In order to qualify for consideration for the Division Street Student Scholarship, a student must:
Two students will be awarded $250 scholarships for both Fall and Spring semesters each year.