Faculty Senate Scholarship

About

We are blessed to have a talented group of faculty at Pellissippi State who are passionate about our students.

The Pellissippi State Faculty Senate (formerly The Pellissippi State Faculty Council) was established on April 20, 2005. The Senate began functioning as a representative, voting body in fall 2005. The Senate serves both as the governing body of the faculty and as the voice of the collective Pellissippi State faculty. Since its Faculty Council days in the 1980’s and 1990’s, the Senate has been sponsoring the Faculty Senate Student Scholarship, often funded both by Senate-sponsored events like the Faculty Senate book sale and by individual faculty donations.

The recipients of this scholarship will be full-time students who maintain at least a 2.5 GPA and have demonstrated financial need.

Seven $500 scholarships will be awarded each year to qualified students.

Since 1986, the Faculty Senate Scholarship has been awarded to 190 students for approximately $95,000!!!

“Thank you so much for the gift you have given through the Pellissippi State Foundation Faculty Senate Scholarship. Deciding to go to school at this point in life was a huge step for me. Knowing that others are so willing to support that decision and lend a helping hand means more to me than I can ever express to you. I am so honored to receive this assistance. I cannot say enough praise for Pellissippi State. I love this school! As you probably know, I am in the middle of the Nursing program. Two of my sons are Pellissippi graduates, and just this semester, another son has taken the step to further his education at Pellissippi State. At every turn, we have always been met with the most encouraging professors and supportive staff. I cannot imagine that we could find a better community college anywhere. Having two family members in college at one time makes your gift even more vital to me.

I chose to major in Nursing because I wanted to do something with the rest of my life that could affect the most people possible in a positive way. Caregiving is where my heart is, so I believe this opportunity is going to have a huge impact on my life and hopefully on others, too.

Thank you again for your generosity. I gratefully accept it. It truly means the world to me to have your support.” – Laura

Donate to the Faculty Senate Scholarship