Students and Friends of Pat Zingg

A letter from Pat...

Being a professor at Pellissippi State Community College has been a rewarding experience. For me, it’s always been about supporting students. Over the years, I have enjoyed hearing from former students about their continuing education experiences and pathways to successful careers. I hope that being a part of one of my classes helped you along the way.

In the near future I will be retiring from Pellissippi State. This has caused me to reflect on how I can continue to support the College. I have decided to make a contribution to support the new 82,000 square-foot Science and Math Building set to open fall 2021. Our future students will have state of the art equipment and classrooms designed for science education. This new $27 million building project will be announced during a kick-off event at the Hardin Valley Campus on Friday, February 1st at 10:15 a.m. I hope you will mark your calendar to join me. I would love to reconnect.

Today, I am asking you to join me in support of this transformative project that will improve the way we deliver science education and prepare future students for the workforce. Tennessee’s community colleges are required to provide a 10 percent match for all state building projects. The local match is $2.7 million. We are making progress, but we need your help. Would you consider making a donation to support a “Students of Patricia Zingg” science lab?

Sincerely,
Patricia Zingg, PhD

With approximately 6,200 students, Pellissippi State’s Hardin Valley Campus has the largest enrollment of the College’s five campuses. Yet, for more than a decade there have been no new buildings or major renova­tions on campus. As you know, we have a serious lack of space for laboratories. classrooms and faculty offices. The portable buildings now house many classrooms and offices, and sometimes students must postpone their degrees because needed classes are at capacity. 

The solution is on the way!

Soon, the Hardin Valley Campus will undergo a pivotal transformation with the construction of a new Science and Math Building. 

The building will feature laboratory suites for chemistry, physics, environmental science, biology and microbiology, as well as classrooms for math, computer science and teacher education. The new facility will be the anchor of a comprehensive campus renovation, which will include improvements and program realignments. 

Generous partners have already made pledges for $2.1 million of the $2.7 million needed. We need an additional $600,000 to bring this project to completion. With your financial support, Pellissippi State students and faculty members will occupy the building by fall 2021. Your investment in this building is a commitment to high-quality education in East Tennessee that will prepare students to be competitive in today’s economy. 

Make A Gift