Rotary Club of Farragut Scholarship

About

Rotary International is an organization of business and professional leaders united worldwide who provide humanitarian service, encourage high ethical standards in all vocations, and help build goodwill and peace in the world.

Rotary Club membership represents a cross-section of a community’s business and professional men and women. The world’s Rotary Clubs meet weekly and are non-political, non-religious, and open to all cultures, races and creeds.

The main objective of Rotary is service — in the community, in the workplace, and throughout the world. Rotarians develop community service projects that address many of today’s most critical issues, such as children at risk, poverty and hunger, the environment, illiteracy, and violence. They also support programs for youth, educational opportunities and international exchanges for students, teachers, and other professionals, and vocational and career development.

In 2012, a scholarship was established with a preference to first generation students or single parents attending Pellissippi State Community College. 

Impact

Since 2012, 32 students have received assistance totaling $16,000! 

“I am a first-generation student and a single parent to two young children who look up to me in all that I do. Because of the generous support of the Rotary Club of Farragut, I am blessed to be able to continue my education at Pellissippi State Community College. I look forward to showing my kids that with hard work anything is possible.”  Ashley

Donate to the Rotary Club of Farragut Scholarship