Stephanie Morris Scholarship

About

Monday’s Pellissippi State Scholarship of the Week is the Stephanie Morris Scholarship. Stephanie is an Associate Professor of Chemistry at Pellissippi State and has been with the College since 1988.

In order to be considered for the Stephanie Morris Scholarship, a student must be enrolled full-time, majoring in chemistry or a pre-professional science, medical or engineering program such as pre-medical, pre-veterinary, pre-pharmacy, pre-dental, pre-nursing or pre-engineering.

The student must have maintained a minimum grade-point average of 3.25 or its equivalent at the high school or college which the student last attended and must have demonstrable financial need.

The student must also provide a written recommendation letter for the scholarship from his/her high school guidance counselor or college faculty advisor, teacher, or recognized professional person. 

Preference will be given to a student who has completed General Chemistry I and II or a student planning to take Organic Chemistry I and I and II.

To date, 10 students have received the Stephanie Morris Scholarship for a total of $5,000.

One of the recipients of the Stephanie Morris Scholarship, “these scholarship funds will cover my nursing program fees for this semester. I am an older first-generation student and a mother of four children. I am in my second year of nursing, This is a passion I have had since I was younger, and I am now achieving my dream. Thanks to the Stephanie Morris Scholarship, I can move forward with this semester.” Cameo

(Pictured above from left to right are Stephanie Morris and Dr. Patricia Zingg).

Donate to the Stephanie Morris Scholarship