UT Federal Credit Union Scholarship

UT Federal Credit Union

About

UT Federal Credit Union was chartered on May 15, 1969, in Knoxville, Tennessee. It was founded on the philosophy that a credit union is a financial cooperative owned by members who share a common interest such as work, education or association. The heart of a credit union is its membership and as such seeks to encourage savings, provide members with access to lower cost loans and support the financial well being of its members. 

In March of 2008, the UT Federal Credit Union Scholarship was established. To qualify for consideration for this scholarship, a Pellissippi State student must be full-time with a 3.0 GPA or higher. The student must also have demonstrated financial need and have a written recommendation for the scholarship from their high school guidance counselor, college faculty advisor, teacher or other recognized professional. The scholarship will provide a $500 award for both fall and spring semesters.

The UT Federal Credit Union celebrated their 50th Anniversary in 2019. At the event, the UT Federal Credit Union presented a check for $3,875 in support of Pellissippi State student scholarships. Through the years, they have given an amazing $58,090.50 in support of our students! Pictured in the photo above from left to right are David Harrell, Director of Annual Giving and Scholarships for the Pellissippi State Community College Foundation,  Debbie H. Jones, Chief Executive Officer and President at UT Federal Credit Union,  and Dr. James Brace, UT Federal Credit Union Board Chair.

“You have no idea how much this scholarship means to me because this time last year, my life was completely different. I was in a dead end job that I hated until my wife convinced me to go back to school to study what I have always wanted to do. I joined the Video Production Technology program, so I can learn all about creating, editing and producing media. I hope to get a job in the industry following my time at Pellissippi State. Thank you again for providing me resources to continue my educational journey to make a career out of what I have always loved and to make a better life for my family.”

Sincerely, Josh Wilson – 2020-21 Scholarship Recipient

Donate to the UT Federal Credit Union Scholarship