Pellissippi State provides several options for storing and/or shareing your digital files and projects including OneDrive (from Office 365), local server/shared folders and a secure file transfer platform for employees.
OneDrive provides up to 1 TB of cloud based storage space for each user. This space is encrypted and allows for storing and sharing data with users both inside Pellissippi State as well as outside users, if needed (except for documents containing secure, restricted or confidential information)
On campus, all Pellissippi State students, faculty, and staff have access to a networked file storage area (called the H: drive). Your personal H: drive and any files you save to it will be accessible to you when you login to any campus computer but not from off campus.
If an employee needs to share or receive documents with someone outside of the college in a secure transfer, the college can provide an account on our Filelocker server.
Key Features and Benefits of OneDrive
- 1 TB storage space for each user
- Ability to access files from any supported web browser on any device on or off campus
- Option to edit files using online version of Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and OneNote
- Option to sync OneDrive files with your personally owned device running Mac OS X, Windows, Linux, Android or iOS
Key Features and Benefits of your H: Drive
- 500 MB storage space (Faculty and Staff may get access to more space if needed)
- Ability to access files quickly from any PSCC computer on campus, including classroom computers, lab computers, and instructor workstations for presentations
- The H: drive is not available when using personal laptops and mobile devices connected on campus via a PSCC wireless network.
Key Features and Benefits of Filelocker (only available to faculty and staff)
- Secure method to share files with others both on and off the PSCC campus
- Files remain available for seven (7) days after upload
- You can create groups of PSCC users to easily share one link with a group
- Files can be requested from outside users to upload in a secure environment