ETS houses a pool of computer and other A/V equipment for short term checkout for use during campus related events or travel. Equipment can be checked out during our scheduled operating hours. If you have needs at other times, please let ETS know.
The following A/V equipment is available for faculty and staff checkout:
- Laptop computers (PC and MacBook) and iPads (limited quantity and time limit for checkout, see below)
- Small digital cameras
- Video cameras (with accessories such as tripods and memory cards)
- Remote presenters (wireless “mouse”)
- Mobile internet devices (MiFi/hotspot – limited quantity and time limit for checkout)
- Portable USB Document Cameras
Don’t see the specific piece of equipment you need in the list above? Reach out to ETS for additional assistance with locating the equipment you need.
Faculty and Staff Laptop/Mifi/Hotspot Checkout Guidelines
It is important to realize that the laptop/hotspot pool was not created to support telecommuting, taking online classes or working from home.
- Local Use: For college-related presentations and events, faculty and staff may check out a laptop and/or mifi/hotspot for 24 hours. Longer checkout times may be arranged with advanced notice by the employee’s supervisor and will depend on current availability of equipment.
- School-Related Travel: For college-related travel, faculty and staff may check out a laptop and/or mifi/hotspot for seven (7) days. Longer checkout times may be arranged with advanced notice by the employee’s supervisor and will depend on current availability of equipment.
- Late Returns: If an employee returns equipment late more than two times in a semester, ETS reserves the right to cancel check out privileges for that person for the remainder of the semester.
ETS is happy to provide this service for faculty and staff and we appreciate everyone’s understanding and adherence to these guidelines so that we can provide equitable support for all the college’s employees.
Students who need laptops and/or hotspots can check them out at each campus library.
Key Features and Benefits
- iPads and Laptops have standard load of software including Microsoft Office and other apps
- A secure connection back to campus resources can be arranged with 2 weeks advance notice
- Employees needing help establishing a remote work connection can contact the HelpDesk for advice and assistance
- Student laptop checkout for use on campus is available at each campus library