Microsoft Skype for Business is a collaboration tool for instant messaging (IM), voice or video calls, and online meetings. Skype for Business is available for most computers and/or mobile devices, on campus or anywhere you have Internet access. If your computer at PSCC has MS Office 2013 or MS Office 2016, then Skype for Business is already installed. You can also schedule online meetings via Outlook just like you schedule other meetings. The invite to the meeting will contain a link and other features, such as screen sharing, will be available to you.
If you wish to install and use it on your personal device, here are instructions for downloading, installing & setting up Skype for Business for each of the following:
You can call the HelpDesk for assistance with using Skype for Business on your office computer. Here are more resources for using SfB on campus for meetings and conference calls.
- Step by step guide to using Skype for Business
- How to Join a Skype for Business Meeting From Off PSCC Campus
Key Benefits and Features
- Easy voice/video calling and instant messaging with anybody with a campus email address as well as non-college accounts
- Available on campus computers (Mac or PC) as well as your mobile devices
- Can be sent as a meeting invite for more features