Through our licenses with two vendors (Microsoft and Adobe), we are able to offer employees software to use at home through a “Work at Home” option. As we start gearing up for the final push through the semester and into the summer, we thought it would be good to remind you how to access these packages for your home use.
Microsoft Office is available at no cost at home by going to your Office 365 account (log in at office.com) and clicking the “Install Office 2016” button in the top right. You can load Office on up to five devices including desktops, laptops, tablets and phones. The PC suite includes Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OneNote, Access, Publisher, Outlook, Skype for Business, and OneDrive for Business. You can also download Office for your Mac, which includes Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OneNote, Outlook, Skype for Business and OneDrive. Remember: if you need an Office upgrade for your office computer, please contact the Helpdesk. Downloading and installing the Office 365 version will not work on our network.
Adobe Creative Cloud is available at home for employees as well.
This includes access to all or part of the Creative Cloud suite of applications including:
- Photoshop® CC [Image editing and compositing.]
- Lightroom® CC [photo organization and editing]
- Illustrator® CC [Vector graphics and illustration.]
- InDesign® CC [Page design, layout, and publishing.]
- Dreamweaver® CC [Websites, app design, and coding.]
- After Effects® CC [Cinematic visual effects and motion graphics.]
- Adobe® Premiere® Pro CC [Video production and editing.]
- Adobe Muse™ Pro CC [Website design without coding.]
And there are LOTS more applications in the Creative Cloud suite.
For more information about using Office 365, contact the Helpdesk or visit the Office 365 overview knowledgebase page
For instructions on the Adobe Creative Cloud home purchase option, contact the Helpdesk.