Pellissippi State Community College uses Skype for Business (SfB) as a mechanism for hosting virtual meetings, interviews and discussions. All faculty, staff and students have access to Skype for Business through their Office 365 account.
Faculty, staff and students can join a Skype for Business meeting on campus, here is a step by step guide (PDF).
For those who are not part of the Pellissippi State community
You may be invited to join a meeting hosted through PSCC’s Skype for Business platform.
Here is how you can join:
Do you already have Skype for Business through another company/school?
If you have Skype for Business already installed on your desktop, laptop or mobile device, you can click the meeting link in your invitation email at the scheduled meeting time.
Do you have a private Skype account?
If you don’t have Skype for Business but do have a personal Skype account, you can still join a Skype for Business meeting. You must have three things:
- The latest version of Skype.
- Your Skype account to be linked to a Microsoft account. You can see if your account is linked to a Microsoft account in your account settings. If it isn’t, find out how to link your accounts on this Skype help page.
- The email address of the Skype for Business user you wish to contact.
More information here: https://support.skype.com/en/faq/FA12315/can-i-contact-skype-for-business-users-from-skype
If you don’t have Skype or Skype for Business, you can also join via the Skype for Business App with a web browser.
Here are the basic steps to join a Skype Meeting from Skype for Business Web App:
- Open the meeting request in your email or calendar and select Join Skype Meeting.
- Enter your name on the sign-in screen and select Join the meeting.
- Follow your browser’s instructions for installing the Skype for Business Web App Plug-in, which is required for audio, video, and screen sharing.
Depending on the meeting options, you’ll either join the meeting immediately or be directed to the virtual lobby.