The use of Proctorio by some faculty for online proctored exams requires a webcam with audio and video enabled. If you are not sure how to use Proctorio, check out the Distance Ed Proctorio Student Guide
If you do not have a webcam built into your laptop or a USB webcam, you can use software to enable webcam functions with an iOS device (iPhone or iPad) connected by either USB or wifi to your computer.
Our testing has revealed EpocCam as a good option when the full (paid) version and driver 2.9.8 is used on an iOS device.
It is important to remember: you MUST use the full, paid version of the application and the driver version 2.9.8
In order for it to work, there are several steps:
- You will have to install the full, paid version with the driver version 2.9.8 (see below) of the EpocCam application in your iOS device (we DO NOT recommend the free version OR using the 3.0.x version of the driver)
- iOS devices: iOS 10.3 or later
- You will also have to install the EpocCam driver on your computer (Free to download from )
- macOS: 10.11 or later
- Windows: Windows 7 or later
- You will then need either a WiFi network or USB cable connected from phone to computer (iOS only).
On Windows a USB-connection also requires iTunes installation.
Downloading and Installation
Here is the setup guide from Elgato.