Pellissippi State Community College invites the community to second Saturdays at Weekend College in downtown Knoxville.
Every second Saturday throughout the fall, Pellissippi State Business and Community Services will offer a selection of popular lifelong learning classes at the Magnolia Avenue Campus, 1610 E. Magnolia Ave.
Several of the classes are free.
“These noncredit classes provide a mix of small business seminars, hobby classes and professional development courses,” said Teri Brahams, executive director of Business and Community Services. “We’re excited to offer these classes on weekends for those who can’t attend during the week.”
Second Saturday classes at the Magnolia Avenue Campus include:
- Hand Lettering by Urban Farm Girl Design: 9-11 a.m. Sept. 8, $60
- Handmade Baskets: 9 a.m.-noon Sept. 8, free
- Excel Workshop: 9 a.m.-noon Sept. 8, $29
- Bluegrass Jam for Strings: 10:30-11:30 a.m. Sept. 8, free
- Beekeeping Basics: 9 a.m.-noon Oct. 13, free
- YouTube – Your Visual Voice: 9 a.m.-noon Oct. 13, free
- Managing Change in the Workforce: 9 a.m.-noon Oct. 13, free
- Personal Cybersecurity: 9-11:30 a.m. Nov. 10, free
- Restaurant Business Basics: 9 a.m.-noon Nov. 10, free
- Employee Motivation: 9 a.m.-noon Nov. 10, free
Lifelong learning classes are non-credit continuing education courses. Course registration is required either online at www.pstcc.edu/bcs or by calling 865-539-7167.