Share your expectations and tell students how to reach you. Be specific about times you are available and encourage students to stay engaged. Communicate proactively and let students know how quickly they can expect a response from you.
Create a D2L Brightspace Announcement
If you already use D2L Brightspace with your class, create an Announcement.
Here’s how to create an Announcement.
Send an email to your class using your class listserv
Did you know that course enrollment lists are available to you in Outlook email? Here’s how to email your class of students all at once.
- Open Microsoft Outlook.
- Create a new email.
- Click the To field button.
- In the search field, type the first 4 letters of your Course name, such as COLL, then type the 4 numbers of your Course name, such as 1000.
- You will start to see the list of possible choices.
- Double click on your class to add it to the To field.
- Click OK.
- Now you will be back in your email.
- To ensure it’s your class, double click on the course in the To field to see its list of members.
- Create your message.