PACE faculty fellow Rick Patton, developed the mnemonic device of “Putting on the A.R.M.O.R. of College Success” and these resources to help share the message. Addressing students about elements of college success in such a unified way will help first-year students to more quickly learn the hidden rules of college and will increase the likelihood that students will understand and meet expectations.
Slideshow has links to resources
Make sure to check out the slides in the slideshow above. Just click the next arrow after 1/6.
You are free to use these in your work with students:
- Download the digital ARMOR flier with links to helpful resources and put it in your Brightspace course!
- Or print out one without links to hang in your classroom!
- You can also get the ARMOR flier in: Chinese, French, German, Japanese, Russian, Spanish and Swedish!
Related Resources on First-Year Experience
- GIFTs (Great Ideas for Teaching) See the GIFT repository.
- An International Perspective on Peer Education and Leadership / Best Practices in the FYE and Beyond (PPT presentation)
- An Evidence-Based Discussion of Integrating First- and Second- Year Transition Programs (PDF)
- Also check out the Library resources on the First-Year Experience.