- This event has passed.
Be Tech Ready
September 6, 2019 @ 2:00 pm - 3:00 pm
Trainer: Rachel Glazener
Date, Time, and Location: September 6th from 2 to 3 pm in GN 251 or Zoom in with this link: https://tinyurl.com/zoom-pace
Description: Getting yourself and your students “connected” to technology on campus can be tricky, there are so many devices and resources out there. This hands-on session will cover PSCC and national statistics on using technology in the classroom, the Be Teach Ready websites for both students and faculty, how to connect personal devices to Wi-Fi, how to access Microsoft 365, downloading Microsoft products to your device, and accessing Brightspace from your phone. A laptop, tablet, and/or smartphone is needed for this session.
Who: This session is intended for beginner and intermediate full-time faculty, adjunct faculty, and staff who want to learn more about getting techy and get their devices connected.
When faculty or staff leave this session, they will:
- Know how to access the Be Tech Ready websites and what resources can be found there
- Have their personal devices connected to Wi-Fi and be able to instruct students to connect
- Know how to download applications for your device or access a web browser
- Be informed of the highlights of using Microsoft 365
- Be informed of how to access Brightspace on their devices
If you cannot attend the above training but would like more information please contact Rachel Glazener, firstname.lastname@example.org, to set up a time.
To request accommodations for a disability at this event or any campus event, call 865-539-7401 or email email@example.com