- This event has passed.
Learn to use Sway to create accessible presentations
August 31 - September 1
Trainings: Registration will be ongoing and training sessions will be conducted in a cohort fashion. Dates and times will be determined by the cohorts.
Who: Full-time faculty, adjunct faculty, and staff are welcome!
Description: It can feel challenging trying to meet accessibility requirements in classrooms and across the college. Sway is an Office 365 product free to all faculty, staff, and students. Throughout various training sessions throughout the academic year, you will learn the following about Sway and accessibility:
- basics of how to use Sway
- how to create accessible presentations
- how to import an existing PPT or Word document and then edit to fit your needs
- how to share your Sways with your classes, colleagues, or others
- tips and tricks learned by others already using Sway
- a reminder of why accessibility is important and how accessible presentations help fulfill requirements at the college and federal level, and
- collaboration among each other for ideas to increase creativity and brainstorming
What to expect if you register: Small groups will be created as people register. Once a group is created, a poll will be sent to determine the best day and time for everyone. The first training is expected to be lengthier hands-on training approximately 1.5-2 hours with a computer. Come in with a PPT and leave with a Sway! Moving forward, cohorts will move through the various topics and can expect approximately 4 sessions in the fall semester. Spring semester is TBD based on feedback.
Excellence is Collaborative. Join the Movement!