- This event has passed.
Universal Design for Learning Workshop
February 13 @ 2:00 pm - 3:30 pm
What: Universal Design for Learning (UDL) workshop with Stephanie Gillespie and Karen Sorensen
When: Thursday, February 13th, 2pm to 3:30pm
Where: Goins 229
In this hands-on session, you will learn more about UDL and best practices for making your content and assignments more inclusive for all students.
This is one of multiple accessibility trainings that cover the basics of accessible information, materials and technology (AIMT). Each session is a stand-alone training, but each one also builds on the previous sessions.
Attend any four sessions and complete the assessments to obtain an AIMT Trained Certificate from PACE:
- Accessibility Basics training (offered twice this term) – Tuesday, Feb. 4th: 9:30am to 10:30am; Tuesday, March 10: 10am to 11am
- Universal Design for Learning Workshop – Thursday, Feb. 13th: 2pm to 3:30pm
- Making Your Content in D2L Brightspace accessible (offered twice this term) – Thursday, Feb. 27th: 2pm to 3:30pm ; Tuesday, March 31st: 2pm to 3pm
- Document (Word, PDF, Web) Accessibility (offered twice this term) – Monday, Feb. 17th: 2pm to 3pm; Monday, March 23rd: 2pm to 3pm
- Captioning Video – Tuesday, April 7th: 10:45am to 12:15pm
- Microsoft Sway Training – Registration is ongoing and training sessions will be determined by availability provided by registrants.
Check the PACE Events calendar and sign up for 4. Most sessions are held at least twice during the semester.
To request accommodations for a disability at this event or any campus event, call 865-539-7401 or email firstname.lastname@example.org