Who: Full-time faculty, adjunct faculty, and staff are welcome!
Description: It can feel challenging trying to meet accessibility requirements in classrooms and across the college. Sway is an Office 365 product free to all faculty, staff, and students. Throughout various training sessions throughout the academic year, you will learn the following about Sway and accessibility:
- basics of how to use Sway
- how to create accessible presentations
- how to import an existing PPT or Word document and then edit to fit your needs
- how to share your Sways with your classes, colleagues, or others
- tips and tricks learned by others already using Sway
- a reminder of why accessibility is important and how accessible presentations help fulfill requirements at the college and federal level, and
- collaboration among each other for ideas to increase creativity and brainstorming
Trainings: Registration will be ongoing and training sessions will be conducted in a small group fashion. Dates and times will be determined by availability provided by registrants.
What to expect if you register: Small groups will be created as people register. Once a group is created, a poll will be sent to determine the best day and time for everyone. The first training is 2 hours long and you will leave with a Sway! For Spring 2020, training sessions will continued to be offered for “Learn to use Sway to create accessible presentations.” Also, there will be new, more advanced meetings, for those already using or more familiar with Sway to explore more options.