Dr. Antija Allen, PACE Faculty Fellow compiled these resources. Please contact Dr. Allen for OER Search or Adoption assistance.
Opportunities for faculty!
TBR Celebration of Open Education Week: March 1 through 5
Join Tennessee’s Textbook Affordability Task Force for sessions all week, March 1 through 5! See the Open Education Week flyer with registration links! Eight different community college OER projects (Pellissippi included!) will be featured on Thursday, March 5th! Register now for the community college OER session!
Creative Commons Licenses
This license lets others distribute, remix, adapt, and build upon your work, even commercially, as long as they credit you for the original creation. This is the most accommodating of licenses offered. Recommended for maximum dissemination and use of licensed materials. See an example of a Creative Commons license with attribution on this Sociology textbook (scroll to the bottom).
Selection and Evaluation
Equity, Diversity & Inclusion (EDI)
- Improving Representation and Diversity in OER Materials
- Equity, Diversity & Inclusion (EDI) resources
OER and Distance Learning
In addition to the searchable repositories below, here’s a 49 page listing of OER sources on the internet.
Discipline Specific OERs
If you use OERs in your course, consider adding some course evaluation questions about your OER usage. Here are suggested course evaluation questions regarding OER usage.
African American Literature
- Course Readings for African American Literature course
- OER Commons search results for African American Literature
- OpenOregon resources for ESOL
- OER Commons resources for ESOL
- Read Faster, Understand More: Advanced Academic Reading Skills for English Language Learners, Compiled by Timothy Krause
- Portland Community College developed short story workbooks for ESOL students
Other English OERs
- Potential OER for Music – applied music, piano, and ensembles & articles about music education in online environment
- General Skills Videos (Some of the videos have broken links when tested, but the others may be helpful)
- Head to Toe Assessment
- Blood pressure videos
- Video Teaching Resources | School of Nursing and Midwifery | Queen’s University Belfast
- Narrated video shorts of essential general clinical nursing skills including PPE use, obtaining vital signs, therapeutic communication and injury prevention.
Other Nursing resources
- This is a really long and detailed spreadsheet of tons of nursing resources.
OER Contests / Competitions / Grants
The IEEE Computer Society Computers, Software, and Applications Conference (COMPSAC), in honor of the Computer Society’s 75th anniversary, is announcing COMPSAC’s first Annual Student OER Contest and invites undergraduate college/university student submissions. April 1, 2021 submission deadline.