Make sure to check out the Training page too for on-going training opportunities.
- Monday, March 4th from 11am to 1pm in PACE classroom: Accessibility Planning Group
- Wednesday, March 6th at Magnolia Campus Community Room (MA 109): PACE Campus Conversation and Coffee
- Friday, March 8th, 2:30pm in GN 229: Faculty Development Committee meeting
- Friday, March 15 to Monday, April 8th: Apply to be a PACE Faculty Fellow! More information coming soon!
- Monday, March 25th at 1pm: Assessment Training discussion in PACE classroom
- Friday, March 29th at 1:30pm at Strawberry Plains: Internationalizing your syllabus work-group
- Friday, March 29th at 2:30pm at Strawberry Plains: New Faculty Academy
- “Polling Students to Increase Engagement and Gain Feedback”
- On March 29th in the PACE center, portable F 101, from 2 to 3 pm Faculty Fellow Rachel Glazener will host a hands-on training session on using polling software before, during, and after class to gain insight on student learning and feelings about current course topics. The polling software that will be covered is polleverwhere and GoSoapBox. To participate in the session you’ll need to bring a laptop or mobile device, create a free instructor account on either software platform (or both), and bring a few questions that you would use at the start, during, or end of class to help you gauge student knowledge of the material. This is a relaxed session feel free to drop by between 2 and 3 pm.
- “Rock Star Search Strategies: Using Google and Library Databases”
- On April 3rd, in the Distance Learning classroom (Goins 251), from 3:05 to 4pm join a few of the librarians to learn about tips and advanced search strategies using both the web and our academic databases. Not sure if this session is for you? Ask yourself if your students struggle to find primary or scholarly sources or just quality information on a very specific research topic? If so, come on by to learn a little more about what PSCC has to offer. To participate in this session, you may want to bring a laptop or mobile device to access Google search and the library website.
- “Wrapping Up and Locking in Next Semester on Brightspace”
- On April 24th, in the Distance Learning classroom (Goins 251), from 3:05 to 4pm join Instructional Technology Specialist, Royce Jacomen to take a deeper dive into Brightspace using the end of semester checklist and completing a grade book health check to ensure accuracy when submitting your final grades. Evaluate your course engagement with Instructional Designer, Karen Sorensen and start a plan for easy course upgrades to keep your students on track and engaged for all types of courses. This training session is for all levels of faculty and both face to face and online courses, there will be something for everyone.
Apply to be a PACE Faculty Fellow
Do you have an innovative faculty development approach to a designated TBR or AAC&U High Impact Practice that you believe is important to the Pellissippi State college community, but you just don’t have enough hours in the day to pursue it?
Now is your chance to get 3 credit hours release time for two years to pursue such a project! Applications are being accepted now until Monday, April 8th. Don’t miss this opportunity! Download the application and Apply now!
Check out what our current Faculty Fellows are up to!