Karen Sorensen, PACE’s Instructional Designer, is available to consult with faculty about their course design. Having trouble aligning your assessments to your outcomes? Want help creating a rubric? Trying to design your course to be more Universal? Or maybe you just want to brainstorm with someone about your course. Karen would love to help with any of these things. Request instructional design support
Instructional Technology Specialists
Having trouble with D2L/Brightspace? Want to create videos for your class? Have accessibility questions? Want training in D2L/Brightspace or Skype for Business? Educational Technology Services (ETS) has two instructional Technology Specialists who can help you! Make an appointment with Royce Jacomen or just drop by their faculty lab in ETS (Hardin Valley Campus, GN236).
PACE Faculty Fellows
Fellows are available to offer one on one support in their high impact practices. Contact them to learn more about how they can help you!
- 2017-2019: Rick Patton can work with faculty to integrate the ARMOR mnemonic device into your teaching of first-year students. Check out the Putting on the ARMOR of College Success web page!
- 2018-2020: John Smith is working to help faculty and support staff to eliminate silos and communicate and collaborate more effectively.
Global and Diversity Learning
- 2017-2020: Oakley Atterson is helping faculty to internationalize their curriculum.
- 2018-2020: Chester Needham is working to help faculty effectively work with and fairly assess non-native English speakers.
- 2019-2021: Deborah Bernhardt will be organizing and moderating student-led conversations about how PSCC employees can be increasingly inclusive.
Mobile and Emerging Technology
- 2017-2020: Rachel Glazener is available to help faculty increase their use of technology in online and face-to-face classes.
- 2018-2020: Rebecca Glatt can help faculty to learn Microsoft Sway, a presentation tool that helps overcome accessibility and copyright challenges.
Open Educational Resources
- 2019-2021: Antija Allen can provide training and informational resources on the use of Open Educational Resources (OER).
- 2017-2019: Cindy Wawrzyniak
- 2019-2021: Tracey Farr can work with faculty to include a Service Learning component into their course.
Have you met your Subject Librarian? They can help you brainstorm library resources and services that support your curriculum, create and update learning objects, library guides or library lesson plans that support your curriculum, help finding Open Educational Resources (OERs) and much more.