Karen Sorensen, PACE’s Instructional Designer, is available to consult with faculty about their course design. Having trouble aligning your assessments to your outcomes? Want help creating a rubric? Trying to design your course to be more Universal? Or maybe you just want to brainstorm with someone about your course. Karen would love to help with any of these things. Request instructional design support
Instructional Technology Specialists
Having trouble with D2L/Brightspace? Want to create videos for your class? Have accessibility questions? Want training in D2L/Brightspace or Skype for Business? Educational Technology Services (ETS) has two instructional Technology Specialists who can help you! Make an appointment with Josh Dean or Royce Jacomen or just drop by their faculty lab in ETS (Hardin Valley Campus, GN236).
PACE Faculty Fellows
Fellows are available to offer one on one support in their high impact practices. Contact them to learn more about how they can help you!
First Year Experience
- Rick Patton can work with faculty to integrate the ARMOR mnemonic device into your teaching of first year students.
- John Smith is working to help faculty and support staff eliminate silos and communicate and collaborate more effectively.
- Cindy Wawrzyniak can work with faculty to include a Service Learning component into their course.
Mobile and Emerging Technology
- Rachel Glazener is available to help faculty increase their use of technology in online and face-to-face classes.
- Rebecca Glatt can help faculty to learn Microsoft Sway, a presentation tool that helps overcome accessibility and copyright challenges.
Global and Diversity Learning
- Oakley Atterson is helping faculty to internationalize their curriculum.
- Chester Needham is working to help faculty effectively work with and fairly assess non-native English speakers.
Have you met your Subject Librarian? They can help you brainstorm library resources and services that support your curriculum, create and update learning objects, library guides or library lesson plans that support your curriculum, help finding Open Educational Resources (OERs) and much more.