To the Pellissippi State Community:
As part of the SACSCOC Reaffirmation Process, PSCC will develop a QEP for the 2022-2027 timeframe.
SACSCOC defines a Quality Enhancement Plan (QEP) as “a document developed by the institution that
- includes a process identifying key issues emerging from institutional assessment,
- focuses on learning outcomes and/or the environment supporting student learning and accomplishing the mission of the institution,
- demonstrates institutional capability for the initiation, implementation, and completion of the QEP,
- includes broad-based involvement of institutional constituencies in the development and proposed implementation of the QEP, and
- identifies goals and a plan to assess their achievement.”
The first step in this important process began during Summer 2020, when representatives from a broad cross-section of faculty, staff, and administrators considered timely ideas for the next QEP. Members of the committee engaged in weekly discussions of potential plans that would meet the QEP criteria while actively promoting an increase in student engagement and success. The group also considered integrating ongoing TBR initiatives, the PSCC Strategic Plan, and Achieve the Dream feedback into potential QEP topics. Each plan was presented during the Fall 2020 inservice and is accompanied by a whitepaper authored by each subcommittee. They are as follows:
- Maximizing learning and support environments to reduce barriers in all aspects of the educational experience.
- Coordinated by committee members Tracey Farr, Marilyn Harper, and Skyler Lauderdale
- Building cultural competency and eliminating bias both inside and outside the classroom.
- Coordinated by committee members Patty Ireland, Mike North, Sarah McMurray, Paris Palmer, and Liz Ross
- Creating an intentional and holistic first year experience both inside and outside of the classroom.
- Coordinated by committee members Spencer Christensen, Lora Lee Dalia, Marta Medlyn, and Kara Raymond
The next phase of the process will involve review of the topics by the PSCC college community during a 2-week comment period: Tuesday, September 8 through Tuesday, September 22. You may review the whitepapers for each of the preceding topics by clicking on the link associated with each topic.
The QEP Selection Committee welcomes comments from each member of the college community; please use the comments section below to post your comments, ideas, and suggestions on any topic(s) of your choice. After your review of these materials, you also will have the opportunity to take part in a poll that will allow you to rank your preference for a topic. Please rank your preferences on this form.
While SACSCOC considers your input a key component of a QEP (see #4 above), more importantly every PSCC voice is critical to the direction and success of this important plan. During this unprecedented Fall 2020 semester, it is difficult for me to ask for your time to do “one more thing.” Please be assured that each member of the QEP Selection Committee values your input and is grateful for the time you will spend in review of these topics. On behalf of the committee, thank you in advance for your participation. Please do not hesitate to contact me personally (email@example.com) if you have any questions.
Linda P. Reeves, PhD
QEP Selection Committee Chair
Associate Professor, Biology