Request support from the PACE Instructional Designer, Karen Sorensen.
View the Copyright Overview by the library. Learn about Fair Use, the TEACH Act and what you can and cannot do under each. If you still have questions, ask a Librarian. There’s a button right on the Copyright page to ask a Librarian.
Copyright decision trees
- Video Clip Decision Tree
From Penn State libraries.
- Can I use this Image?
Can I Use That Picture? How to Legally Use Copyrighted Images.
- TEACH Act Flow Chart
Duke University – Can this material be digitized?
- TEACH Act Checklist
Checklist for determining if the use of materials falls within the requirements of TEACH Act from NSU.
These are image collections that are royalty-free and licensed for re-use. Some require attribution, some don’t. Unless you’re using an image that has been published under a Creative Commons Zero (CC0) license, attribution is a legal requirement.
- Creative Commons’ “CC Search” project
- Search for photos from hundreds of public repositories, and use their one-click attribution tool.
- Creative Commons Zero (CC0) license: No attribution required, though giving credit to the photographer is appreciated.
Great Ideas for Teaching (GIFTS)
Check out some great GIFTS from your colleagues on topics such as Emerging and Mobile Technology, Service Learning, Globalizing your Curriculum, First-year experience, and Andragogy.
The library has guides for all PSCC subject areas. They offer reference books, technical guides, media, articles, databases. Check out your subject area guide! Librarians also love to help faculty with developing and updating research assignments.
Open Educational Resources
Features of the platform include:
- Multimedia learning materials, including videos, interactive simulations and assessments;
- Virtual lab experiments illustrating molecular and cellular biology techniques;
- The ability for instructors to mix and match materials according to curricular needs; and
- Networking tools that enable collaboration across a classroom, school or district.
- LinkedIn Learning: Microsoft Teams Essential Training
- If you are not sure how to access LinkedIn Learning, check out the instructions on the Pellissippi State Library website.
- Microsoft Teams Quick Guide
- Setting up notifications in Teams:Default settings have channel notifications turned off. You have to turn on notifications for each channel you want to be notified on. See the link for more information.
- Microsoft Office Teams online training
- More Microsoft Office Teams online training
Educational Technology has some great resources on using both Zoom the web conferencing tool and the Distance Learning classrooms: