Speaking in person is hard enough. Going virtual just complicates it. Some of the same skills apply, but the virtual environment requires a different mix. We started exploring those ideas in in-service, and in this series we will take those ideas and get deeper and more practical. You don’t have to have attended the in-service session to attend these. On the other hand, if you did attend that session, you will find new information in this first session. Donn King will help faculty and staff learn why it makes practical sense to learn from professional speakers and presenters about engaging an audience, whether face-to-face or virtual, as well as what the effective differences are between live and virtual interaction. We’ll get a little technical, but only in terms of making the communication effective.
Attend all 6 of Donn’s sessions, and get a Stage to Screen certificate from PACE.
- Aug 27th 2pm to 3pm Stage to Screen: Set the Virtual Stage
- Sept 10th 2pm to 3pm: Stage to Screen: Master the Interface
- Sept 24th 2pm to 3pm: Pacing Elements
- Oct. 8th 2pm to 3pm: Sharing the Screen Effectively
- Oct. 22nd 2pm to 3pm: Groups Interaction and Engagement
- Nov. 5th 2pm to 3pm: Stage to Screen: What’s Left?