The mission of Distance Education at Pellissippi State Community College is to maximize access to academic and cultural enrichment opportunities for individuals and the community.
The Online Leadership Team supports this mission with initiatives to:
- Enhance the teaching and learning process through the use of educational technologies.
- Support and train faculty, staff, and students in the use of online education technologies.
- Assist faculty in the development and delivery of high quality online courses.
- Identify and develop community outreach initiatives that can be addressed through an online presence.
- Develop and maintain partnerships with other educational institutions and organizations.
- Paul Ramp, Director of Distance Education & Committee Chair
- Trish Collins, English
- Kristy Conger, Educational Technology Services Director
- Tony Crossland, Mathematics
- Stephanie Gillespie, Reference Librarian and Instructor
- Terri Whisenhunt, Nursing
- Martha Merrill, Engineering & Media Technologies
- Deanne Michaelson, Business & Computer Technology
- Judy Sichler, Natural and Behavioral Sciences
- Allison Stein, Liberal Arts