Training & Professional Development
PACE Session Recordings
Did you miss a PACE session? Check out the PACE Stream channel! You will need to use your PSCC credentials to log in.
- How to send an email to your class (listserv) using Outlook.
- Virtual classroom options
- Curriculum Development Committee (CDC) members: training on how to use Curriculog to review and edit a proposal.
TBR Teaching TidBits
Online Teaching & Brightspace (D2L)
You can self-enroll in these courses. Just log in to Brightspace and under the Resources menu, select Discover. There you will find these two courses and you can self-enroll into each of them.
- The Level 1 Instructor Training provides an introduction to core Brightspace (D2L) tools necessary for uploading content, managing grades, accepting students’ coursework, and communicating with students. Level 1 training is required for any faculty members who are using Brightspace (D2L) to deliver course documents and other content in traditional courses.
- Beyond the Basics in Brightspace training gives you lots of training on using some of the more advanced tools in Brightspace.
- Level 2 Online Instructor training is the certification course for online instructors at Pellissippi State. Level 1 (see below) is a pre-requisite to taking Level 2. Contact Paul Ramp, the Director of Distance Learning about enrolling in Level 2.
Trainings For All
- Microsoft Teams & Zoom Training Resources
- Grow Your Skills: Be Tech Ready
- Sway for Accessibility
- Microsoft IT Academy: available for $15 per exam to PSCC employees and students.
- Lorman.com webinars on compliance, regulatory and business topics are available free to all employees, thanks to our Human Resources department. Contact Kristi Brabson in HR to get access to these trainings.
- LinkedIn Learning: Instructional webinars on almost every software package you would want to learn are free to PSCC employees thanks to Information Services. See the ERC/Library website for information on how to access this great resource!
Recorded Presentations, Trainings & Webinars from Pellissippi State
- Fall In-service 2020 resources
- Faculty Panel on Internationalizing the Curriculum: By watching the panel video, you will learn how faculty and students have been affected by Faculty Fellow, Oakley Atterson’s project and the work of the Internationalization Committee, and gain insight into how things may evolve for internationalization of the curriculum at PSCC in the future. (Request password for the video from firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Indicators affecting student success in online learning by Dr. Tanya Joosten (Distance Learning Conference Keynote, June 26, 2019)
- Wrapping Up and Locking in Next Semester on Brightspace (April 24th, 2019)
- How to Get Out of the Adjunct Zone Presentation by PSCC Professor Antija Allen for the Teachers College at Columbia University
Professional Development Opportunities
New! Magna Publications 20-Minute Mentor Commons
Almost 300 20-minute professional development videos with supplemental materials available!
All you need to do is register and create your account.
- Go to https://www.magnapubs.com/register/. Enter information in the required fields > Submit. NOTE: if you get an error that your password does not match, skip down to the EXISTING USERS Section below
- Once successfully registered, you will see a screen “Thank you for completing your registration”
- Contact PACE for the group subscription URL.
- Go to the URL PACE supplied you. Do not share this URL with people outside of Pellissippi State.
- On the right side of the page, in the “Username or email address” box, enter the email address that you submitted in Step 1.
- Enter your password > Login
- On the My Account page > Join Team
- On the My Online Access page click the appropriate orange “Go to…” box for access
If you get an error when using Create Account:
- Go to https://www.magnapubs.com/profile/lost-password/
- Enter your email address > Reset Password
- Once the password has been reset, go to the URL in Step 3 above to complete the registration process and log in
Pellissippi State is a member of NISOD You shouldn’t have trouble accessing their webinars, but if you do, contact Karen Sorensen.
- 3Play Media: Upcoming Accessibility webinars and recorded webinars
- NISOD: Upcoming Teaching and learning webinars and recorded webinars
- Forget the Pecking Order at Work
- 2019 NISOD Virtual Conference
- Pellissippi State employees have to access the videos by going to: https://my.nisod.org and either clicking on Forgot Password if they think they might be in the NISOD system or Create an Account if they have never interacted with NISOD. Then, once they login, there will be a Virtual Conference link on the right which will have all the 2019 Virtual Conference sessions and any presentation or handouts that the presenter sent us.
- 2018 NISOD Virtual Conference
- Best Practices for Engaging 21st Century Learners
- Using the Five Languages of Appreciation to Strengthen Student Engagement
- The Power of Hope
- New Wine in Old Wine Skins: The Impact of Mobile Devices in the Classroom
- Get on Up! Increasing Student Movement and Engagement in Class
- Invisible Man: How to Effectively Deal with Mental Health Issues in the Classroom
- Using Socratic Teaching: Engaging Adult Students to Think Critically
- Engaging Teaching Strategies 101
If you know a good source of free teaching and learning webinars, please let PACE know!