Monthly Training Week
Starting in October, PACE will offer trainings during one week of the month, a day at each campus. In September, a training needs survey will be distributed to all faculty, which will help determine the topics of trainings. The instructional designer, Karen Sorensen will stay at each campus for the day to offer one on one consultations. Karen is also available by appointment at other times during the month. Contact her at email@example.com or 865-539-7413.
- October 15th through the 19th
- November 26th through the 30th
- December 10th through the 14th
Faculty Fellow Trainings on High Impact Practices
Fellows are available to offer trainings in their high impact practices. Contact them to learn more about how they can help you!
First Year Experience
Rick Patton can work with faculty to integrate the ARMOR mnemonic device into your teaching of first year students.
John Smith is working to help faculty and support staff eliminate silos and communicate and collaborate more effectively.
Cindy Wawrzyniak can work with faculty to include a Service Learning component into their course.
Mobile and Emerging Technology
Rachel Glazener is available to help faculty increase their use of technology in online and face-to-face classes.
Rebecca Glatt can help faculty to learn Microsoft Sway, a presentation tool that helps overcome accessibility and copyright challenges.
Global and Diversity Learning
Oakley Atterson is helping faculty to internationalize their curriculum.
Chester Needham is working to help faculty effectively work with and fairly assess non-native English speakers.
Online Teaching & Brightspace (D2L)
- The Level 1 Instructor Training provides an introduction to core Brightspace (D2L) tools necessary for uploading content, managing grades, accepting students’ coursework, and communicating with students. Level 1 training is required for any faculty members who are using Brightspace (D2L) to deliver course documents and other content in traditional courses. To gain access to the training, contact Royce Jacomen or Josh Dean
- The Level 2 PSCC Online Instructor Training course is required of any faculty wishing to teach online classes at Pellissippi State. To enroll or for more information, please contact the Director of PACE, Kellie Toon at 865-539-7053 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Trainings available to All Employees
Professional Continuing Education
Lorman.com webinars on compliance, regulatory and business topics are available free to all employees, thanks to our Human Resources department. Contact Kristi Brabson in HR to get access to these trainings.
Microsoft IT Academy is available free to PSCC employees and students, thanks to the Library!
Instructional webinars on almost every software package you would want to learn are free to PSCC employees thanks to Information Services. Just navigate to Lynda.com and choose “Create an account”. Use your PSCC email address when creating an account.