Online Teaching & Brightspace (D2L)
- The Level 1 Instructor Training provides an introduction to core Brightspace (D2L) tools necessary for uploading content, managing grades, accepting students’ coursework, and communicating with students. Level 1 training is required for any faculty members who are using Brightspace (D2L) to deliver course documents and other content in traditional courses. To gain access to the training, contact Royce Jacomen or Josh Dean
- The Level 2 PSCC Online Instructor Training course is required of any faculty wishing to teach online classes at Pellissippi State. To enroll or for more information, please contact the Director of PACE, Kellie Toon at 865-539-7053 or email@example.com.
Trainings available to All Employees
Grow Your Skills: Be Tech Ready
This Be Tech Ready resource was created by PACE Faculty Fellow, Rachel Glazener to help guide faculty/staff to the wide variety of training resources on campus involving technology. Each category will lead you to information on getting connected on campus and training resources to grow your technology skills. Topics that will be highlighted are Brightspace and Microsoft 365 tools, and techy web applications for productivity and student engagement.
Sway for Accessibility
Making an existing PPT presentation accessible can be daunting, especially with high levels of customization. As all faculty and staff face the responsibility of making their own course materials and presentations accessible, it would be beneficial to introduce a new technology to make this process easier and faster. One possible solution lies in Sway, which is a Microsoft product all faculty already have access to via Office 365. See this Sway for Accessibility resource created by PACE Faculty Fellow, Rebecca Glatt.
Professional Continuing Education
Lorman.com webinars on compliance, regulatory and business topics are available free to all employees, thanks to our Human Resources department. Contact Kristi Brabson in HR to get access to these trainings.
Microsoft IT Academy is available for $15 per exam to PSCC employees and students.
Instructional webinars on almost every software package you would want to learn are free to PSCC employees thanks to Information Services. See the ERC/Library website for information on how to access this great resource!
Recorded Presentations, Trainings and Webinars from Pellissippi State
- Faculty Panel on Internationalizing the Curriculum: By watching the panel video, you will learn how faculty and students have been affected by Faculty Fellow, Oakley Atterson’s project and the work of the Internationalization Committee, and gain insight into how things may evolve for internationalization of the curriculum at PSCC in the future. (Request password for the video from firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Indicators affecting student success in online learning by Dr. Tanya Joosten (Distance Learning Conference Keynote, June 26, 2019)
- Wrapping Up and Locking in Next Semester on Brightspace (April 24th, 2019)
- How to Get Out of the Adjunct Zone Presentation by PSCC Professor Antija Allen for the Teachers College at Columbia University
Pellissippi State is a member of NISOD You shouldn’t have trouble accessing their webinars, but if you do, contact Karen Sorensen.
- 3Play Media: Upcoming Accessibility webinars and recorded webinars
- NISOD: Upcoming Teaching and learning webinars and recorded webinars
- Forget the Pecking Order at Work
- 2019 NISOD Virtual Conference
- Pellissippi State employees have to access the videos by going to: https://my.nisod.org and either clicking on Forgot Password if they think they might be in the NISOD system or Create an Account if they have never interacted with NISOD. Then, once they login, there will be a Virtual Conference link on the right which will have all the 2019 Virtual Conference sessions and any presentation or handouts that the presenter sent us.
- 2018 NISOD Virtual Conference
- Best Practices for Engaging 21st Century Learners
- Using the Five Languages of Appreciation to Strengthen Student Engagement
- The Power of Hope
- New Wine in Old Wine Skins: The Impact of Mobile Devices in the Classroom
- Get on Up! Increasing Student Movement and Engagement in Class
- Invisible Man: How to Effectively Deal with Mental Health Issues in the Classroom
- Using Socratic Teaching: Engaging Adult Students to Think Critically
- Engaging Teaching Strategies 101
If you know a good source of free teaching and learning webinars, please let PACE know!